Monday 22 December 2014

A taste of NL

     There've been no posts lately and, judging by the increasing number of views- everyone was curious about what was going on.
     Well, the beginning of December was too intense- I had many problems to solve and I simply had no mood and no physical or psychological strength to distract on anything else. The conclusion I've drawn out of all this stuff is never to put anyone's interest above yours. People leave, but the sacrifices you've made for them stay with you.
     All in all, I am happy that everything's behind and I have no concerns but how to have a good time until next year ;)
     My friends and I are in Groningen now, playing a tournament here. The city has proved to be very nice so far. We had a really nice walk through the center yesterday! Our hotel is quite far from everything and there's an about 4 km walk to the center. We were lucky to ask the direction we should go a guy in a car and he dropped us in the center :D People in this city seem to be very friendly and I have the feeling that we'll have a very good time here.
     As about the tournament itself- it is organized nicely and the only thing left is to play some good chess :) You can find the results and the pairings here: http://www.schaakstadgroningen.nl/festival/14/A/
     Here are some photos:


With Ioana Gelip

With Ioana Gelip and Alex Stegariu



xoxo from Groningen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment